BBCE Advisory Board meeting was conducted on 13 June 2018 in Riga as part of the BBCE Business plan development (Project Work package 3).
The main task of the External Advisory Board was to provide an international perspective and to highlight critical points/suggestions for the development of the BBCE without being part of it. Advisory board consulted and advised Project’s Steering Committee and the whole project team in order to maximize efficiency of the project implementation. External Advisory Board was carefully selected to highly facilitate the excellence of BBCE, foreseeing representatives from internationally recognized biomaterial scientists, national policy makers and industry:
• Prof. Guy Daculsi - Internationally leading and highly cited non-partner professionals in the field of Biomaterials with experience in technology transfer to industry;
• Prof. DMD Serge Dibart, Boston University, School of Dental Medicine, Chair of Periodontology - Internationally leading and highly cited non-partner professional in the field of biomaterial use in periodontology;
• Dr. Maija Bundule, State Education Development Agency, Head of International Research Programme Unit - National level policy maker and Academy of Sciences representative;
• MD Luis Lasalvia, VP Strategic Business Development, Siemens - Industry representative.
• Florence Barrère - de Groot, PhD; Kuros Biosciences BV - Manager Product Development; >15 years global experience in bone graft products