Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (LIOS) - the leading drug discovery centre in the Baltic countries is offering One fixed term position of principal investigator /the Head of Preclinical biomaterial evaluation group/.
The position is offered within the scope of Horizon 2020 Teaming Phase 2 project BBCE. The candidate will be responsible for the development of her/his preclinical biomaterial evaluation group, for which funds to cover ~ 5 FTEs are secured for 3 years. The candidate is expected to lead the establishment of preclinical biomaterial evaluation at LIOS. The details on responsibilities, obligations and rights of the position see http://www.osi.lv/en/vacancies/recruitment-head-preclinical-biomaterial-evaluation-group/
Provisional start date
Basic salary EUR 70 000,- p.a. before tax
Bonus payments for articles in high impact journals, supervised PhD and MSc thesis, awarded and managed public and private competitive projects
Dedicated funding for
- Training and short term mobility (e.g. scientific conferences);
- Upgrade and build-up of infrastructure;
- Development of preclinical biomaterial analysis group (~ 5 FTEs) with secured financing for 3 years.
Duration - 24 months with option for an extension
We are searching for the candidate with:
- PhD in life sciences, medicine, pharmacy or material sciences.
- Established scientific record in monitoring, evaluation and testing biomaterial performance in vitro and in vivo models.
- Proven leadership and management skills (>3 years).
- Full set of mandatory competences, desirable competences as well as the selection methodology see http://www.osi.lv/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Criteria_BBCE.pdf Women are explicitly encouraged to apply to increase their share in science and research.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Motivation letter (up to 1 A4 page), particularly outlining experience in monitoring and evaluation of biomaterials and their performance in vitro and in vivo models;
- CV in Europass format, providing data of work experience, education, trainings and mobility, personal skills (language skills, communication skills, organisation/managerial skills, computer skills), publications (indicating the contribution of applicant to the publication), h-index, monographs, participation in international conferences (outlining the invited lectures), patents, projects (indicating the role of the applicant in the project), honours and awards, memberships, supervision and mentoring, teaching);
- Letters of recommendation (at least two, where one is issued by last/current employer);
- Strategic development plan of the group (up to 3 pages including references) – will only have to be submitted at the second round of the selection process.
All documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org; Application Deadline: 31/07/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
More information www.osi.lv/en http://www.osi.lv/en/projects/establishment-baltic-biomaterials-centre-excellence/
Contact email@example.com for additional info
When applying for a competition, the candidate agrees to the processing of his personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/95 / EC / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and for storage at the LIOS Personnel Department. Without the consent of the candidate, personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except in the cases specified in the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia.
/credits to the 1st picture https://www.pngfuel.com/free-png/nbemp /