13 Marie Skłodowska Early Stage Researchers (PhD research positions) soon available within the EU Horizon 2020 Marie-Skłodowska-Curie Project: MSCA-ITN-ETN “Precision medicine for musculoskeletal regeneration, prosthetics, and active ageing - PREMUROSA”
Location of the positions: Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, Finland, Latvia, Ireland, Serbia
Positions start: tentatively between March and May 2020.
OUTLINE: The PREMUROSA project, funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 programme (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Network) will soon publish a call for applications for 13 fully funded PhD positions (early-stage researcher, ESR), with attractive complementary training activities and generous travel, laboratory and research budgets. The successful candidates will be hosted by a member of a European Consortium of universities, research institutions and companies in Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, Finland, Latvia, Ireland, Serbia and will benefit from an excellent scientific environment, up-to-date technologies and supervision by international leaders in the field. They will learn to integrate academic and industrial aspects in their research work and they will sharpen their experimental and complementary skills in a well-designed and diversified and unprecedented training program.
OBJECT OF THE PROJECT The ultimate goal of the ITN PREMUROSA project is to train a new generation of scientists with an integrated vision of the whole value chain in musculo-skeletal regeneration technologies and able to boost the necessary innovations to achieve precision principles in developing innovative devices and optimized clinical applications.
AVAILABLE PHD POSITIONS We have 13 ESR positions available, with the following envisaged research projects:
1) Position 1: Materiomics analysis of metallic and ceramic materials for musculoskeletal regeneration (Polytechnic of Turin, Italy);
2) Position 2: Smart personalized degradable biomaterials for bone tissue regeneration (Riga Technical University, Latvia);
3) Position 3: The role of proteins dynamics in biomaterials/ bone biosystem (Tampere University of Technology, Finland);
4) Position 4: Biomimetic bioreactor systems as physiologically relevant environments (University of Belgrade, Serbia);
5) Position 5: Smart personalized degradable biomaterials for bone tissue regeneration (Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Italy);
6) Position 6: Design of 3D in vitro vascularized organoid model (AO Research Institute Davos, Switzerland);
7) Position 7: 3D microfluidic based models for testing innervation of engineered microtissues for medical applications (Instituto de Engenheria Biomedica, Portugal)
8) Position 8: Innervation profile of cartilage engineered constructs under exposure to inflammatory insults (Instituto de Engenheria Biomedica, Portugal);
9) Position 9: Extracellular microvesicles and exosomes (EVs) as biomarkers/mediators of stem cells differentiation, wound healing and tissue regeneration around materials (Università del Piemonte Orientale “Amedeo Avogadro”, Italy)
10) Position 10: Understanding the function of immune-system cells and cellular stress adaptation during healing (Università del Piemonte Orientale “Amedeo Avogadro”, Italy)
11) Position 11: Evaluation of in vitro degradation and associated risks of novel biomaterials for implants (Aalto University Foundation, Finland)
12) Position 12: Multi-objective design and optimization (MODAO) of the data from in vitro and in vivo tests data (EnginSoft, Italy);
13) Position 13: Development of a glycol-functionalised personalised hydrogel for interfacial tissue repair (National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland).
AMOUNT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP A very attractive scholarship and benefits package is offered to successful applicants (including family and travel allowance).
DURATION The positions are offered full-time for 3 years (36 months)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applicants should satisfy the eligibility requirements set for an Early Stage Researcher funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
SELECTION PROCESS Candidates will be asked to apply on-line (email@example.com) for one to maximum three of the above-mentioned positions within 21th February 2020. The application must include the following:
A copy of the CV in English;
A copy of a valid ID document
A motivation letter in English;
Letters of reference (at least two);
Statement that the applicant fulfills all eligible criteria listed in the paragraph above.
The selection procedure will be based on two steps: the first step will consist on the screening of all applications received and on the selection of a shortlist of candidates based on CV, academic transcripts, motivation and relevance with the specific research project; the second step will consist in an interview (held by person or on skype), at the end of which successful candidate will be recruited .
Prior to recruitment, successful applicants will be requested to produce the original copies of all certificates and documents declared. Incorrect or lacking of documentation may invalidate the recruitment procedure.
MORE INFORMATION The entire call contents and the documents for applications are published at https://www.scuolamed.uniupo.it/tutto-studenti/post-laurea/dottorato-di-ricerca/project-premurosa