Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (LIOS) - the leading drug discovery centre in the Baltic countries - is offering a fixed term Postdoctoral position in confocal microscopy and histology.
The position is offered within the scope of Horizon 2020 Teaming Phase 2 project BBCE.
Baltic Biomaterials Centre of Excellence (BBCE) is a joint centre for advanced biomaterials development based on the cooperation between Riga Technical University, Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis, Rīga Stradiņš University, LLC Rīga Stradiņš University Institute of Stomatology, AO Research Institute Davos, and Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg. The strategic research direction of the BBCE is development of the patient specific personalized solutions for bone regeneration and it includes material development, pre-clinical evaluation, and clinical trials.
The successful candidate will work in the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis and will be a part of the pre-clinical biomaterial evaluation group and investigate the tissue response to biomaterials intended for use in bone repair, facial reconstruction, oral and maxillofacial surgery. Self-motivated scholars with experience in histology, immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy are encouraged to apply. Expertise in bone biology and physiology, in vivo and ex vivo small animal handling, and hard tissue embedding and sectioning is a plus. A PhD, or MD/PhD in a relevant field and a strong publication record is required.
Provisional start date
- Basic salary EUR 51 000,- p.a. before tax
- Health insurance
- Dedicated funding for training and short term mobility (e.g. scientific conferences).
Duration - 12 months with potential extension up to 3 years.
We are searching for the candidate with:
- PhD in relevant fields including life sciences, medicine, or pharmacy.
- Established scientific record in applications of histology, pathology, and confocal microscopy.
- Full set of mandatory competences, desirable competences as well as the selection methodology see https://www.osi.lv/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Evaluation-criteria-and-methodology-for-the-recruitment-of-Postdoctoral-Research-Scientist.pdf. Women are explicitly encouraged to apply to increase their share in science and research.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Motivation letter (up to 1 A4 page), particularly outlining the experience in histology and confocal microscopy;
- CV in English (Europass format), providing the data on work experience, education, trainings and mobility, publications, h-index, patents, projects (indicating the role of the applicant in the project), honours and awards;
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by the issuer to firstname.lastname@example.org
All documents must be submitted to email@example.com before December 14, 2020 5.00 PM (CET)
More information www.osi.lv/en http://www.osi.lv/en/projects/establishment-baltic-biomaterials-centre-excellence/
When applying for a competition, the candidate agrees to the processing of his personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/95 / EC / 46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and for storage at the LIOS Personnel Department. Without the consent of the candidate, personal data will not be transferred to third parties, except in the cases specified in the laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Latvia.
/credits to the 1st picture https://www.apiceuropa.com/settore-dellistruzione-in-miglioramento-allinterno-dellunione//